Quotes from our CQC inspections (full report is available on the CQC website):
'What we found and what people told us
- People we spoke with were very positive about the Home and the staff team, and comments included, "I get every attention, staff very good"; another said "staff come in and chat, and know what I
need. If I need anything else I only need to ask".
- There was a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere within the Home, and the staff we spoke to understood how to support people, assisted them to make choices, and to remain as independent as
- Staff were knowledgeable about people's needs and preferences, and were observed to treat people as individuals and delivered care in a personalised way.
- Relatives we spoke to told us they were happy with the standard of care. One person told us "staff do anything you ask them to, very respectful". Another told us "Staff always talk to them about
their care needs and explained the treatment".'
Compliments from the families of residents
- 'Since the time my mother was admitted, there is, and always has been, a consistently good standard of care administered by the staff looking after her at Shottendane Nursing Home..............I
am extremely grateful for the little extras that they do to address her creature comforts and make her feel valued, at home, and secure. The cleanliness of the Home - especially the smell of polish -
never ceases to impress me...............[My mother] is totally dependent on her carers to help her with her personal hygiene, to administer her medicine, to help her with her food at mealtimes, and
equally importantly, to talk to her and lighten the perpetual pain she endures, with humour and kindness.' (November 2014)
- '(The staff) proved themselves to be efficient, caring, considerate and attentive to (name)'s needs. It was a huge comfort to us to see the person we love so much treated with dignity and
- 'We would like to express our gratitude to you all for the care and support you gave my mum during her time with you. You are very special people!'
- 'Thank you for your warmth, kindness and care you gave to our (name) whilst she was with you. We were so lucky to be able to put her in such a warm, caring Home. We can't express enough how
grateful we are to you all'
- 'With heartfelt thanks for all the care and kindness you gave to our darling Dad (name). To see him pass away peacefully was something we wished for, and you all played your part in making that
happen. Thank you all for your support and compassion you showed to all the family - and the endless cups of tea, You were very kind to us all.'
- 'I would especially like to thank you for the time you spent with (name), and for taking the time to give him the basic comforts of life. Also for taking time to talk to me to help me to
understand what was happening.'
- 'We wanted to tell you how pleased we have been with the standard of care (name) received from all your staff, nursing, kitchen and cleaners. She was unwell when she arrived at the Home in June
2011, and part of the reason she lived until February 2013 was the excellent care and caring she received during her stay.'
- 'A big thank you for your due care and attention to (name) in her final months. We could not have asked for more.'
And there are many more - all of which can be viewed on request at Reception.
LATEST CQC REPORT DATED 28.10.16 NOW AVAILABBLE AT www.cqc.org.uk