- Shottendane Nursing Home is situated on the outskirts of Margate with local shops and bus routes nearby. It has been sensitively created from a Grade II listed manor house set in extensive
grounds, to provide an all-purpose modern professionally managed Nursing Home in a relaxed semi-rural setting.
- Our 28 rooms are maintained to a high standard of decor, cleanliness and hygiene, and are fitted with call bells to alert staff to care and emergency needs. Most are single occupancy, but there
are 5 shared rooms.
- All rooms have washing facilities, and many include an en-suite toilet.
- There is an integrated fire alarm system with smoke detectors in every room. All staff receive regular fire training.
- Nutritional needs of residents are a priority; help with feeding is provided, and a 'Red Tray' alert system operates where monitoring of food intake is critical.
- A range of communal and individual leisure and therapeutic activities is available.
- Chiropody, hairdressing, dental and optical services are also available (these incur a separate charge).
- Residents and their families are consulted on many aspect of the Home's operation, and direct access to senior management is encouraged. Should the need arise, a rigorous complaints procedure is
- Visiting by family and friends is encouraged, and can generally take place at any time of the day.
- When appropriate we also offer sensitive support to relatives
Need to discuss our care options?
We are always happy to help. Simply call us on 01843 291888 or use our contact form.