- Shottendane Nursing Home is situated on the outskirts of Margate with local shops and bus routes nearby. It has been sensitively created from a Grade II listed manor house set in extensive
grounds, to provide an all-purpose modern professionally managed Nursing Home in a relaxed semi-rural setting.
- Our 28 rooms are maintained to a high standard of decor, cleanliness and hygiene, and are fitted with call bells to alert staff to care and emergency needs. Most are single occupancy, but there
are 5 shared rooms.
- All rooms have washing facilities, and many include an en-suite toilet.
- There is an integrated fire alarm system with smoke detectors in every room. All staff receive regular fire training.
- Nutritional needs of residents are a priority; help with feeding is provided, and a 'Red Tray' alert system operates where monitoring of food intake is critical.
- A range of communal and individual leisure and therapeutic activities is available.
- Chiropody, hairdressing, dental and optical services are also available (these incur a separate charge).
- Residents and their families are consulted on many aspect of the Home's operation, and direct access to senior management is encouraged. Should the need arise, a rigorous complaints procedure is
- Visiting by family and friends is encouraged, and can generally take place at any time of the day.
- When appropriate we also offer sensitive support to relatives
Need to discuss our care options?
We are always happy to help. Simply call us on 01843 291888.